Saturday, April 9, 2016

London, Day Nine

I hated every picture I took this morning, but I found this one to be the least offensive.
Today was my last day in London. We fly out in the morning. Even though I loved it here, I'll be glad to get back home to the Littles. I've missed them like crazy! It's been fifteen days since I last saw them! It feels like an eternity!

Baked eggs and chorizo with avocado and sourdough toast from Le Pain Quotidien.
I grabbed breakfast, then headed back to the Tower to say my farewells. I didn't go in, I just sat near the grounds and people watched. After that, I headed over to Oxford Street for some shopping. I found a wonderful store called Simply Be. They had some incredibly cute clothes in my size, but they were so expensive. I bought a ton of clothes right before this trip, so I couldn't justify the expense. I did get a shirt and a tank to wear beneath it, just to have something from here that I can wear regularly.

I got a few gifts to take back home from a tourist shop, than grabbed dinner. I tried duck for the first time. I didn't care for it at all. After that, I headed back to the hotel. I'm sitting here in the lobby, drinking tea, and blogging, obviously. 

Oh, I did get hit on twice today! Both of them were smoking hot too! It made me feel good, especially since I hated everything about myself this morning. One let me go on about my way after I told him I was leaving tomorrow, the other didn't ask me out until I told him I was leaving tomorrow. I was equally flattered, though.

So, I woke up fat and ugly, got hit on, tried some more new food, visited my favorite haunt, did some retail therapy, got hit on again, tried some more new food, then took my last ride back to the hotel. Thank you, London, for an amazing holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment