Wednesday, April 6, 2016

London, Day Four

I'm feeling good about my outfit!
We braved the touristy area again today! This time on foot. It wasn't as bad as the day before, but it was still busy. Our first stop was the Borough Market, which my cousin, Brittany, recommended. We found a place called Le Pain Quotidien. The ordered something with a little bit of a lot of things, and she brought it out. She told me the name of it, but it was French, so ...

This breakfast was the business!
Next stop, Shakespeare's Globe Theater. The guided tour was fascinating! The guides are the actors. Our dude was really animated! He was a cross between Archie Bunker and the Skipper from Gilligan's Island. I wish I'd taken a picture of him, but the description is freakishly apt.







We crossed the Millennium Bridge to buy tickets for Wicked. We found the theater, but it was not the one showing Wicked. Oops! My bad! So, we bought the tickets online and headed back to the hotel to change. We got lost on the way there -also my bad-, but made it just in time to find our seats and grab some concessions. We had fabulous seats; ten rows back, dead center!







Not fifteen minutes into the show, my eyelids got really heavy. I fought it off, but about ten minutes before the intermission, I lost the good fight and I dozed off. It was absolutely no reflection of the performance! The show was phenomenal! The acting, the singing, the dancing-- all of it was brilliant. I don't know what came over me. It really was a fantastic show and I highly recommend it to everyone.

So, today-- I looked fabulous, had a slammin' breakfast, visited Shakespeare's old stomping grounds, got lost a lot, and saw a Wicked performance! Oh, and I talked to the Littles which, let's face it, was the highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment