Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Making the Leap


My plans for this year all revolve around getting outside of my comfort zone. So, I've planned some pretty exciting adventures. The first of these being a trip to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, South Carolina for my first ever zip lining experience. I use the term "scared" very loosely here. In case you're curious, this is the face of pure terror. It took a long time to work up my nerve. After a while, the others lost patience with me. I rallied, though, and managed to make the leap. The footage is deceptive, it took about eight minutes for me to grow the balls needed to toss myself out into thin air, but I did it! And, I was super classy about the whole thing!


Admittedly, my first time was rough but, like my nephew said, "At some point, it just gets easier." We also climbed cargo nets and repelled down from the platforms twice. I didn't include that footage because it mostly showed my bad side. By "bad side", I mean my backside. It was a very unflattering angle. Take my word for it.


I survived, though. It helped that I had family with me, and a very supportive group. Dalton and Emily, our guides, couldn't have been more helpful. I'm truly grateful to them! And the other ladies in our group were so friendly and kind! They made the experience even better than I imagined.


I wish I had something inspiring to say about facing fears, taking the first step, letting go and trusting the universe, but none of that is coming to me. I'm really glad I did it and, despite what you saw in those first videos, I'd do it again in a heart beat. Still, when I look back at it, I'm just happy I didn't shit on myself, or die, on camera.

Cows are our friends, not food.
So, we kicked off 2016 with a bang! January was really about making plans and getting the ball rolling, which we did. February, my 'physical well-being' month, is already well under way. I'll share more about that later.



I'm truly excited about this year! I can't wait to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment